Hi there! How can we help you?
Search our comprehensive selection of services here
N27 – One Fibre Network Cabling in the Overhead Network
The 1 day of training is designed to equip the delegate with the necessary OFN skills that are essential prior to undertaking the N27 accreditation assessment.
Using the correct tools, equipment and working practices the delegate will be trained on the below tasks to the Openreach quality standard expected.
1. Mount a CBT on a pole in the correct position
2. Span the CBT tail (COF250) to another pole
3. Correctly route the SST cable down the pole to a jointing position
4. Install a CBT and ELM on the pole in the correct position
5. Span ULW fibre (COF215)
6. Fit an ULW Fibre intermediate clamp
7. Correctly route ULW fibre down a pole
8. Secure ULW to the pole and correctly route the ULW fibre (COF215) onto the ELM
Accreditation Assessment content:
Duration : Questionnaire 45 minutes Practical 6hrs
The engineer will be required to install a CBT on a pole in the correct position and span the SST (COF250) tail overhead to another pole. The SST cable will then need to be routed down the pole to jointing position. Note a 2nd person will be required to keep the tension of the cable during installation.
The engineer will be required to install a CBT and ELM on pole 1 in the correct position and span the ULW (COF215) tail overhead for 2 spans. On pole 2 the cable will be restrained using an intermediate clamp. On pole 3 the ULW cable will then need to be routed down the pole to the jointing position and through an ELM.
We will deliver the training on day 1 then the assessment accreditation on day 2